Employee Handbook Policies
Lane Powell’s customized employee handbooks include the following policies. These policies are customized for your organization’s unique work locations, work environment, industry and culture. Additional policies can be added based on your organization’s specific needs.
MAINTAINING A RESPECTFUL AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
- Internal Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Employee Complaint and Investigation Procedure
NAVIGATING YOUR WORKPLACE
- At-Will Employment
- Employment Classifications
- Work Schedules, Attendance, and Meal and Rest Breaks
- Appearance and Grooming
- Social Media
- Conflicts of Interest
EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AND PAY
- Standards of Workplace Conduct
- Performance Management, Performance Improvement/Disciplinary Action
- Compensation Practices
- Health Insurance, Retirement, and Other Group Benefit Programs
- Time Off Benefits, including Holidays, Paid Time Off, Vacation and Sick Time
- Required Leaves of Absence
- Maintaining a Safe Workplace and Reporting Work-Related Injuries
- Drug and Alcohol Policy and Tobacco-Free/Smoke-Free Environment
- Building Safety
- Visitors in the Workplace
- Workplace Violence Prevention
COMPANY TECHNOLOGY AND PROPERTY
- Electronic Devices, and Communication and Network Systems
- Other Company Property
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES
- Personal Information and Personnel Files
- Immigration Law Compliance
- Employee References
For multi-state employers, Lane Powell prepares state supplements to the main employee handbook. State supplements describe the exceptions and variations to policies in the employee handbook that are necessary for compliance with applicable state and local laws. In addition, the state supplements include additional required or recommended policies based on state or local law. For example, each state supplement will include policies addressing each applicable state and local leave law.
The custom employee handbook process begins by having you complete an employee handbook questionnaire. This questionnaire is designed to provide us the detailed information we need to customize your handbook, and to help us understand your organization’s particular policy needs.
Once we receive your completed questionnaire, we will schedule a call with you to discuss any necessary clarifications. Inevitably, these conversations also involve providing clarifications on various employment laws, and recommendations on best practices for compliance, employment management, and human resources practices.
Armed with a clear understanding of your organization’s needs, Lane Powell will then prepare a draft employee handbook for your review. We will also assist you with finalizing the handbook, including answering any questions you have and assisting with refining policies. Because the tone of an employee handbook is very important, we have attached a couple of representative excerpts from our template handbook.