Eighteen Lane Powell attorneys were recently named 2016 “Super Lawyers” in Alaska and Oregon, with an additional three being named “Rising Stars” in Oregon by Super Lawyers magazine. They join the 49 Washington state attorneys previously recognized by Super Lawyers this year.
The “Alaska Super Lawyers” and their practice areas include:
- General Litigation: Brewster H. Jamieson
- Business/Corporate: Michael J. Parise
- Employment and Labor: Peter C. Partnow
The “Oregon Super Lawyers” and their practice areas include:
- Antitrust Litigation: Craig D. Bachman
- Appellate: Thomas W. Sondag
- Business Litigation: Susan K. Eggum, Peter Hawkes
- Eminent Domain: Charles F. Hudson
- Employment and Labor: Paul M. Ostroff
- Employment Litigation: Defense: David G. Hosenpud
- General Litigation: Bruce C. Hamlin
- Intellectual Property: Parna A. Mehrbani
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Kenneth R. Davis II
- Mergers & Acquisitions: A. Jeffery Bird, Jeffrey C. Wolfstone
- Real Estate: Bryan E. Powell, Michael R. Silvey
- Tax: John H. Gadon
The “Oregon Rising Stars” and their practice areas include:
- Creditor/Debtor Rights: Skyler M. Tanner
- Business Litigation: Brian T. Kiolbasa, Darin M. Sands
Thomson Reuters performs the polling, research and selection for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers magazine is a comprehensive and diverse guide to outstanding attorneys, representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations.
The Super Lawyers selection procedure includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only 5 percent of attorneys are given this honor. For Rising Stars, only attorneys age 40 and under, or who have been practicing 10 years or less, can be named. Rising Stars are selected based on peer nominations and independent research, and only 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys make the cut every year.