Our Summer Associate Program is vital to the firm's attorney recruitment program.
With it, we strive to create a win/win relationship:
- Summer Associates gain valuable exposure to legal practice through a variety of assignments across practice areas, including research and experiential opportunities like attending trials, depositions, and negotiations.
- Through both formal and informal training and networking opportunities, we provide ongoing performance feedback, instruction in matters such as legal writing, and guidance on professional formation.
Highly qualified first- and second-year law students can apply for a Summer Associate position in our Seattle or Portland offices through the opportunities listed below.
- Applications for the 2022 Summer Associate Program are now closed.
- Second-year law students wishing to join the 2023 Summer Associate Program must apply through the George V. Powell Scholarship process. Applications for second-year law student positions are only accepted through this option beginning June 13, 2022. All application materials for the George V. Powell Scholarship must be received by July 31, 2022 at midnight PT for consideration.
- First-year law students wishing to join the 2023 Summer Associate Program are selected through the Gregoire Fellows and the Multnomah Bar Association Fellows programs. Applications are only accepted through these two options.