Lane Powell’s Transportation Team developed and presented a two-hour online CLE titled “Introduction to Transportation Law – It’s a Multi-Modal World Out There,” hosted in partnership with ProLawCLE.
The webinar, presented by Katie Bass, Brynn Felix, David Hosenpud, Hans Huggler, Sean Jackson, Brian Kiolbasa, Katie Matison, Becky Mares, Dave Schoeggl and Andy Yates, was designed to inform attorneys about certain statute and regulations in five areas of transportation — marine, air, motor carrier, rail and emerging technologies. The presenters touched on “hot topics” in each area, including:
- Ongoing regulatory and legal developments with the Boeing 737-MAX;
- State law developments in unmanned aerial systems (drones) use and liability;
- Recent developments concerning autonomous personal delivery devices;
- Collection and use of social media/text evidence in rail-related employment and personal injury cases;
- Blockchain applications in marine shipping;
- Supreme Court decision concerning punitive damages for general maritime law claims;
- Integration of unmanned aerial systems into urban airspace; and
- Releases of future claims in railroad personal injury FELA cases.
The original live broadcast aired Tuesday, July 9 and the webinar will be rebroadcasted six additional times over the next year (dates to be released 30 days in advance of upcoming air dates). The webinar is also available on-demand via ProLaw’s website. All mediums are approved for 2.0 CLE credit hours in any state.