Lane Powell and del Prado Philanthropy are co-hosting a two-day orientation to planned giving on February 14-15, primarily targeted towards nonprofit development officers and planned giving directors. Attendees will get an introduction to:
- Practical concerns, typical profiles and attributes of planned giving donors;
- Typical assets involved in planned giving;
- Introduction to gifts in wills, trusts and beneficiary designation accounts;
- Introduction to life income plans, charitable lead trusts, retained life estates and bargain sales;
- How to create your annual planned giving marketing and outreach plan;
- How to discover, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward planned gift donors;
- Best practices in building endowments;
- How to deal with planned gifts that no longer work;
- Ethical issues in planned giving and interacting with seniors;
- Case studies on blended gifts; and
- Incorporating planned gifts in campaigns.
Lane Powell faculty speakers are Jenifer Jewkes, Gail Mautner and Dawn Spratley.