Jenifer Jewkes and Jamie Lanier will present “Estate Planning for the Unusual: Person, Places and Things” at the Washington State Bar Association’s Annual Fall Probate and Trust Seminar on Wednesday, December 12 at 10:45 a.m. The program is known for providing the best practical guidance for estate planning and administration practitioners in Washington and will cover:
- Overview of the expatriation tax,
- Key estate planning issues, including revocable living trusts versus will-based plans, avoiding probate with transfer on death and beneficiary designation, and Washington’s Super Will statute,
- QTIP election of a Washington exemption trust,
- Prenuptial agreements,
- Tricks and traps of creditor claims, and
- What not to do — real life ethical violations in trust and estate practices.
The event will take place from 8:25 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at the Washington State Bar Association.