Apparel and Footwear
Social responsibility and sustainability concerns continue to have far-reaching impact on the apparel and footwear industry. They have direct impact on a company’s sourcing, supply chains and ultimately the brand itself, so crucial to image and long-term success. As a high-profile segment of the volatile retail industry, apparel and footwear companies require skilled legal support to promote and protect brands and business practices alike.
Proven Experience on Apparel and Footwear Legal Issues
When it comes to apparel and footwear legal support, Lane Powell itself is a tried-and-true brand. No law firm in the Pacific Northwest has more experience in apparel and footwear. From trademarks to e-commerce and regulatory concerns, Lane Powell has proven experience with the specialized issues confronting the apparel and footwear industries. Lane Powell is:
- Experienced in handling sensitive issues and overcoming hurdles related to social responsibility. Plus, the Firm’s attorneys have handled litigation and helped national apparel companies put the proper safeguards in place to promote responsible business practices.
- Knowledgeable of regulatory trends affecting the apparel industry – including antitrust and international trade issues – and stands ready to respond to them quickly and cost-effectively.
- Recognized nationally for successful wage-and-hour litigation and for successfully defending numerous class-action claims on behalf of clients.
Lane Powell attorneys are the virtual in-house lawyers for some of the most prominent names in the apparel and footwear industry. Lane Powell clients include Kmart Corporation, Nordstrom, Norm Thompson Outfitters, Pendleton Woolen Mills, SanMar Corporation and Sears Corporation.
Skilled in Wide Array of Retail-Related Disciplines
Lane Powell represents clients in every segment of the apparel business, and represents them in all legal capacities to help them thrive in their competitive environment:
- Brand Protection: Lane Powell’s extensive experience in trademark, copyright and merchandising underscores its understanding of brand protection. Lane Powell attorneys are proactive in helping clients build their brands and are vigilant about protecting them.
- Sourcing and Distribution: Lane Powell skillfully handles these perennial issues that are increasingly under the microscope with respect to social responsibility. Lane Powell helps apparel and footwear clients successfully manage complex supply and distribution chain issues.
- E-commerce: Often a major investment for apparel and footwear clients and deserving commensurate legal know-how. Lane Powell provides in-depth guidance in the vast array of e-commerce issues, including website development and maintenance contracts, and customer information security and privacy.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Lane Powell has one of the Northwest’s leading merger and acquisition legal teams. Among other successful transactions, Lane Powell helped Norm Thompson become acquired in 2006, and continues to represent the company today.
- Labor and Employment: Successful representation of apparel and footwear companies in labor relations and employment issues reinforces Lane Powell’s reputation as a top labor and employment law firm. The Firm’s attorneys can guide clients on everything from establishing company policies and practices to defending labor disputes.
Lane Powell attorneys understand the value of an informed workforce. The Firm regularly hosts informative labor and employment seminars at clients’ businesses on important and emerging issues.