Thirty-two Lane Powell Attorneys Named ‘Washington Super Lawyers’ and 11 Named as ‘Washington Rising Stars’
Thirty-two Lane Powell attorneys have been named 2015 “Washington Super Lawyers,” and another 11 attorneys have been named as “Washington Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine. In addition to being named as “Washington Super Lawyers,” Gabriel Baker and John S. Devlin were named one of the “Top 100” attorneys and Mary Jo Heston, Katie Matison and Gail E. Mautner were named one of the “Top 50 Women in Washington” attorneys.
The “Washington Super Lawyers” and their practice areas include:
- Banking: Malcolm C. Lindquist
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights: Heidi C. Anderson, Charles R. Ekberg, Mary Jo Heston, Bruce W. Leaverton
- Business/Corporate: Michael D. Dwyer, Patrick J. Franke
- Business Litigation: Randall P. Beighle, Barbara J. Duffy, Rudy A. Englund, James B. Stoetzer
- Class Action/Mass Torts: John S. Devlin III
- Construction Litigation: Stanton P. Beck
- Employment Litigation: Defense: Michael Reilly
- Environmental: Michael A. Nesteroff
- Estate Planning & Probate: Charles W. Riley, Jr.
- Estate & Trust Litigation: Gail E. Mautner
- Insurance Coverage: Gabriel Baker, Steve D. Jensen, David M. Schoeggl
- Intellectual Property: Frances M. Jagla, Steven B. Winters
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Brian G. Bodine, Gregory F. Wesner
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Michael E. Morgan
- Securities Litigation: Larry S. Gangnes, Douglas W. Greene, Christopher B. Wells
- Tax: Scott M. Edwards, Lewis M. Horowitz
- Transportation/Maritime: Mark G. Beard, Katie Matison
The “Washington Rising Stars” and their practice areas include:
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights: Gregory R. Fox
- Business Litigation: Jennifer K. Sheffield, Andrew G. Yates
- Civil Litigation: Defense: Abraham K. Lorber
- Construction Litigation: Andrew J. Gabel
- Estate Planning & Probate: Sarah Macleod
- Health Care: Jonathon Bashford
- Intellectual Property: Tiffany Scott Connors
- Personal Injury – General: Defense: David W. Howenstine
- Securities Litigation: Claire Loebs Davis
- Tax: Paige L. Davis
Thomson Reuters performs the polling, research and selection for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers magazine is a comprehensive and diverse guide to outstanding attorneys, representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations. The list represents a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations.
The Super Lawyers selection procedure includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of Washington attorneys are given this honor. For Rising Stars, only attorneys age 40 and under, or who have been practicing 10 years or less, can be named. Rising Stars are selected based on peer nominations and independent research, and only 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys make the cut every year.