Announcing Two New Blogs on ERISA and Immigration Law
Lane Powell officially launched two new blogs, BOOM: The ERISA Law Blog and Immigration Edge, which join the Patent Practice Liability Reporter and Sustainability Climate Change Reporter as part of Lane Powell’s efforts to provide clients up-to-date information on current news in these areas.
BOOM, The ERISA Law Blog focuses on legal issues relating to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”). Updates will address employee benefits (such as life, health and disability benefits) and plan organization and administration. The blog, authored by members of Lane Powell’s Labor and Employment and ERISA Litigation Practice Groups, already includes posts, such as the following:
- When is an ERISA claim timely?
- Does “conflict of interest” apply to third-party administrators of self-funded plans?
- What happens when the beneficiary spends all of the Social Security reimbursement before you get reimbursed?
- Who is a proper defendant in an ERISA benefits case?
- What plan language do you need to confer discretionary review?
- Belatedly paying a claim during the lawsuit and mootness
- When do you abuse discretion in construing disputed plan terms, is it an abuse of discretion if the plan fails to have an Independent Medical Examination that includes a “personal examination?”
- The claimant sues the ERISA plan for long term disability benefits, but refuses to reimburse Social Security repayments. What to do?
- Can a commercial airline pilot experiencing “psychotic episodes” fly a plane?
- How important is it to produce an accurate, identical administrative record?
Lane Powell offers a sophisticated practice in ERISA-related matters, from the formation and administration of ERISA plans, to the litigation of ERISA-related claims. Lane Powell has represented both employees and employers in various ERISA litigation situations.
Immigration Edge blog focuses on legal issues relating to immigration law issues. Authored by members of Lane Powell’s Immigration Law Practice Group, the blog already includes posts, such as as the following:
- Immigration initiatives for investors expanding?
- CIS Ombudsman can help with a problem immigration case
- An immigration change of address can be complicated
- HALT Act would halt “advance parole” for adjustment applicants
Lane Powell offers an accomplished immigration practice that provides a full range of business-related immigration services to individuals, as well as to regional, national and international corporations.