Beyond IP Law — A look at what’s going on in the world of Intellectual Property
- A Game Played Proactively
- The Two Faces of Hacking: Data Scientists are Doing Bad to Do Good.
- The State of Domain Names
- Copyright and Compliance for All: 10 Business Resolutions to Increase Copyright Success and Security in 2017
- IP Alert: New Ruling Regarding DMCA Safe Harbor Protections
Boom: The ERISA Law Blog — Lessons learned from current matters in ERISA Law
- ERISA: US Supreme Court Grapples with the Church Plan Exemption — Early Analysis
- ERISA Attorney Fee Awards: What Are “Reasonable Hours” for a Plaintiff’s Attorney to Spend on a Summary Judgment Motion?
- ERISA (10th Circuit): Does the ERISA Plan Breach Fiduciary Duties by Informing the Employer of an Employee/Disability Claimant’s Substance Abuse Problem?
- ERISA: Winning Tactic on Summary Judgment to Prove Claimant Received the Policy: Get Key Evidence into the Administrative Record
- ERISA: 7 Things to Know About Limited Discovery in ERISA Long Term Disability Cases
D&O Developments — Discussion on current cases in Securities Litigation
- What Explains Plaintiffs’ Post-Morrison Preference for the Third Circuit in Securities Filings Involving Overseas Parties or Conduct?
- Ninth Circuit Says Ethics Policies Are “Inherently Aspirational,” and Violations Don’t Support Securities Fraud Claims, in Retail Wholesale v. Hewlett-Packard (January 19, 2017)
- Great Expectations: First Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Complaint Challenging Unrealized Projections, in Ganem v. InVivo (January 9, 2017)
- Eleventh Circuit Upholds District Court Dismissal of Claims Against Pharma Company Related to Undisclosed Payments to Stock Promoters, in In re Galectin Therapeutics, Inc. Securities Litigation (December 15, 2016)
- Timing Is Everything: Contemporaneous Knowledge of Falsity Is Key to First Circuit’s Scienter Rulings, in In re Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Securities Litigation (November 28, 2016)
D&O Discourse — Discussion on current topics in Security Litigation
- Myths & Misconceptions of Biotech Securities Claims: An Analysis of Motion to Dismiss Results from 2005-2016
- D&O Developments Blog: Digests of Key Securities Litigation Decisions
- Be Careful What You Wish For, Part II: Would Companies Be Better Off Without the Fraud-on-the-Market Doctrine?
- Be Careful What You Wish For, Part I: Does the Reform Act Need Reforming?
- 3 Key Securities Litigation Developments of 2016
“Earth & Table” Law Reporter — Discussion in current issues in the practice of Food, Beverage and Hospitality Law
- Wild Introgressions: The Tomato Genome’s Impact on Plant Patenting and Trademark Branding Prospects
- Palate Pleasing Zucchinis Dominate Squash Patenting
- GMO Food Labels, Our Emotions and the “Rationalist’s Delusion”
- Patenting the Quest for a More Perfect Veggie Burger
- Compensating “Disgust”: Psychoanalyzing Emotional Distress Claims Involving Food Products
HoochLaw — Thoughts on Spirits and the Laws that Govern them, Triple Distilled and Lovingly Aged
- I’m from the Government. I promise.
- Changing the Game
- But I don’t Ever Intend to Sell!
- The Promised Land of Consumer Demand
- Fighting the good fight
Immigration Edge — Discussion of current topics in Immigration Law
- USCIS Suspends Premium Processing for H-1B Filings
- Executive Order on Immigration and Travel Restrictions – Suspended
- USCIS Revises Immigration Forms on Dec. 23, 2016 (Without Notice) and Increases Filing Fees (With Notice)
- FAQs on H-4 Employment Authorization Final Rule from DHS
- Obama Immigration Executive Action: Impact on Business and Employment
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor— Discussion of the legal issues that impact the marijuana industry
- Chaos Theory, the Butterfly Effect and One More Banking Hurdle?
- Oregon Cannabis Producers Need to ‘Grow Up’ and Respect Boundaries
- If More States Vote ‘Green’ This November, Some Believe It Could Be ‘The Beginning of the End of the War On Marijuana’
- Cashed Cannabis: Required Reports for Amounts Exceeding $10,000
- OLCC Eases Transition From Medical to Recreational Marijuana Sectors (and Releases Related Business Resources)