Private Investment Funds
Lane Powell has one of the most experienced and sophisticated private investment funds practices in the region. Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers is actively involved in all aspects of the private investment funds process. We represent funds, sponsors, investors, corporate parties and portfolio companies with respect to venture capital funds, private equity funds, accelerators, incubators and related structures.
- Fund Sponsors. We advise funds, fund sponsors, managers and general partners in structuring, fundraising, governance, operation and economic arrangements, as well as setting up operational arms or affiliates such as accelerators or incubators.
- Investors. We advise investors in evaluating opportunities and negotiating and structuring fund terms, side letters and co-investments, as well as structuring their investments to maximize tax efficiency.
- Corporate Venture Capital. We have extensive experience in structuring and implementing a wide variety of corporate venture capital operations, whether internal, external or involving multiple third parties, and whether designed to achieve strategic or economic goals. We have participated centrally in the creation of a substantial number of creative, novel and innovative fund or fund-related projects and transactions for corporate participants.
- Portfolio Investments. We advise funds in evaluation, negotiation and consummation of their own investments. Our startups and emerging companies team is highly active in negotiating and implementing investments in early-stage and high-growth companies from both the company and investor side.
- Tax Matters. Our tax team has a great deal of experience with all fund-related tax matters, including all partnership taxation issues and structuring investments in funds and by funds to achieve the varied tax objectives of different types of investors. We also have extensive experience structuring offshore, parallel and feeder funds and facilitating tax-advantaged investments.
- International Structures. We are deeply experienced in international transactions of all kinds and in all regions of the world, including investment funds with overseas operations, offshore or overseas investors, offshore or overseas investments, and multinational structures. We are highly skilled at seamlessly managing complex international projects.
Our team of investment fund lawyers is dedicated to serving our clients in the most responsive and practical manner, always focusing on helping our clients achieve their strategic and economic goals.