Wayne Gittinger focuses his practice on business counseling, securities, corporate governance and transactional work.
Admitted to Practice
- University of Washington (J.D., 1957; B.A., 1954)
- Member, Board of Editors, Washington Law Review, 1956-1957
- Northwestern University School of Law (Teaching Associate, 1957-1958)
Practice Group and Specialty Team Memberships
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Corporate Finance and Securities
Representative Matters and Clients
- Represented a U.S. company in connection with public debt and equity offering and other matters with the S.E.C. and N.Y.S.E.
- Represented U.S. companies in matters before the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
- Represented a U.S. meatpacker in the acquisition of an Iowa beefpacker.
- Represented a U.S. brewer in an importing and custom brewing arrangement with a German brewer in Hamburg, Germany.
- Represented a Japanese trading company in antitrust litigation in the United States involving seafood.
- Acted as co-counsel to a U.S. company in a debt-equity financing in Chile.
- Acted as co-counsel in an action in Germany to recover the value of wood pulp destroyed in the warehouse of a bailee for hire.
- Represented a Canadian company’s U.S. subsidiary in structuring transactions for the export of wood chips to Japan.
- Represented a U.S. company in the acquisition of timber cutting rights and formation of operating subsidiaries in Saskatchewan and Alberta, Canada.
Awards and Honors
- Peer Review Rated “AV” in Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as one of The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate (1988-2013)
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law, Antitrust, and Labor and Employment Sections
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Director, Nordstrom, Inc. (1971-2004)
- Director, Pabst Brewing Company (1983-1985)
- University of Washington
- Executive Committee, Tyee Club
- Chair, Tyee Board of Advisors (1990-1991)
- University of Washington Law School Alumni Board (1986-1992)
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Seattle Sports Commission
- Board of Directors, The First Tee of Greater Seattle
- Board of Directors, Seattle Police Foundation
- Business Council, Seattle Humane Society
- Member, Campaign Leadership Council for Swedish Medical Center Foundation
- Member, 101 Club