FIN 48: Reality Check – Compliance in the Real World (Seattle)
Washington State Bar has approved this program for 1.5 general credits.
Oregon State Bar has approved this program for 1.25 general credits.
Lane Powell Co-sponsoring with KPMG
A complimentary seminar for CFOs, Tax Directors, CPAs and Corporate Counsel who are trying to make sense of FIN 48.
FIN 48 is simple on its face but bewildering in many real-world applications. This seminar is designed to give you tools to work with FIN 48 as you deal with practical issues generated by your company’s reported tax positions.
Russ Crawford, KPMG
Neil Kimmelfield, Lane Powell
What to look forward to:
7:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:00 Welcome and Introductions
8:05 – 8:15 a.m. Background: FIN 48’s general rules of recognition, measurement and unit of account
8:15 – 9:15 a.m. The Rubber Meets the Road: A Practical Discussion of Issues Such As…
- Making judgments when identifying “tax positions”
- Making judgments when applying the “more likely than not” standard
- Making judgments when measuring recognized tax benefits
- Will you need Circular 230 opinions to support your FIN 48 decisions?
- Must you disclose your FIN 48 documentation to the IRS?
- What must you disclose in your financial statement?
- When should you talk to your auditors about your FIN 48 methodology?
9:15 – 9:30 Questions and Answers
This is a complimentary seminar.
Registration and Breakfast 7:30 a.m.
Seminar 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
World Trade Center, West Building
Executive Dining Room
2200 Alaskan Way #410
Seattle, Washington 98121