28 Lane Powell Attorneys Named ‘Washington Super Lawyers;’ 12 Named as ‘Washington Rising Stars’
Twenty-eight Lane Powell attorneys have been named 2012 “Washington Super Lawyers” and another 12 attorneys named as “Washington Rising Stars.”
The “Washington Super Lawyers” and their practice areas include:
- Banking: Ronald E. Beard, Malcolm C. Lindquist
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights: Charles R. Ekberg, Mary Jo Heston, Bruce W. Leaverton
- Business/Corporate: Michael D. Dwyer
- Business Litigation: Barbara J. Duffy, Rudy A. Englund, Steve D. Jensen, Joseph E. Lynam, James B. Stoetzer
- Class Action/Mass Torts: John S. Devlin III.
- Construction Litigation: Stanton P. Beck
- Employment & Labor: Gail E. Mautner
- Employment Litigation: Defense: D. Michael Reilly
- Environmental: Michael A. Nesteroff
- Estate Planning & Probate: Charles W. Riley, Jr.
- Immigration: Diane M. Butler
- Intellectual Property: Steven B. Winters
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Brian G. Bodine
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Michael E. Morgan
- Securities Litigation: Larry S. Gangnes, Douglas W. Greene
- Tax: Scott M. Edwards, Lewis M. Horowitz
- Transportation/Maritime: Mark G. Beard, Katie Matison, Tim D. Wackerbarth
In addition to being named as “Washington Super Lawyers,” Michael E. Morgan was named one of the “Top 100” attorneys, and Mary Jo Heston, Katie Matison and Gail E. Mautner were named one of the “Top 50 Women” attorneys.
The “Washington Rising Stars” and their practice areas include:
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights: Gregory R. Fox
- Business Litigation: Andrew G. Yates
- Class Action/Mass Torts: Gwendolyn C. Payton
- Construction Litigation: Jennifer M. Beyerlein, Andrew J. Gabel
- Employment & Labor: Laura T. Morse
- Insurance Coverage: Gabriel Baker, Benjamin J. Roesch
- Real Estate: Timothy W. Jones
- Securities & Corporate Finance: Brian B. DeFoe
- Tax: Paige L. Davis
- Transportation/Maritime: Joseph P. Corr
Thomson Reuters performs the polling, research and selection for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers magazine is a comprehensive and diverse guide to outstanding attorneys, representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations.
The Super Lawyers selection procedure includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of Washington attorneys are given this honor. For Rising Stars, only attorneys age 40 and under, or who have been practicing 10 years or less, can be named. Rising Stars are selected based on peer nominations and independent research, and only 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys make the cut every year.