29th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar (Seattle)
Lawyers for Employers ®
Best Practices For Best Employers™ Seminar
How to Become One of “Washington’s Best Workplaces” Starting Today!
Your company can be one of “Washington’s Best” … Lane Powell shows you how! Please join us for our 29th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar as we team with the Puget Sound Business Journal‘s 2011 “Washington’s Best Workplaces.”
This annual seminar, geared toward Employers, Managers, Human Resource Professionals and Corporate Counsel, is part of our ongoing Employment Law School For ManagersSM Series.
This seminar has been pre-approved for 3.5 general CLE credit and hours in Washington and 3.75 HRCI credit hours.
September 20, 2011
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:00 – 8:05 a.m. – Welcome and Introduction
8:05 – 8:20 a.m. – Puget Sound Business Journal‘s 2011 “Best Workplaces” Survey: What It Means for Employers
- Alwyn Scott, Managing Editor, Puget Sound Business Journal
8:20 – 9:15 a.m. Cloudy With a Chance of Litigation: Best Practices for Handling Workplace Technology, Privacy and Trade Secret Issues in the Cloud
- Sally Poliak, CEO & President, The Poliak Group; Founder & Mobilizer, Crowdverb
- Renee Grant Bluechel, Attorney, Lane Powell PC
- Jacob Downs, Attorney, Lane Powell PC
9:15 – 9:30 a.m. Break
9:30 – 10:15 a.m. Best Practices and Innovative Ways to Accommodate Disabled Employees and Get Them Back Working Productively Again
- Robert Urban, President, Workwell Systems, Inc.
- D. Michael Reilly, Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
10:15 – 10:45 a.m. Responding To and Cooperating With Government Inquiries: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- Katheryn Bradley, Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
- Ron Friedman, Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
10:45 – 11:00 a.m. Break and Snack
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Annual Labor and Employment Law Update: Lessons for Best Employers from Judicial Decisions, New Laws and Regulations
- Laura Morse, Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
- Kirsten Daniels, Attorney, Lane Powell PC
Four Seasons Seattle
99 Union Street, Suite 1101
Please click here for directions.
(Please note that parking will be at your own expense.)
Cost for this seminar is $75 prepay online; $90 at the door.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.