15 Attorneys Named in Oregon Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Fifteen Lane Powell attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers and Rising Stars November 2008 issue, published by Law & Politics. The selection procedure includes peer nominations, a blue ribbon panel review process and independent research on candidates.
Only 5 percent of Oregon attorneys are selected for the Super Lawyers list. The 12 Lane Powell lawyers are:
- Craig D. Bachman, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Lewis M. Horowitz, Tax
- David G. Hosenpud, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Neil Kimmelfield, Tax
- Jeffrey W. Knapp, Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Milo Petranovich, Business Litigation
- Bryan E. Powell, Real Estate
- Vicki L. Smith, General Litigation
- Tom W. Sondag, Appellate
- Steve B. Ungar, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Karen M. Williams, Real Estate
- Jeff C. Wolfstone, Securities & Corporate Finance
In addition, Lewis Horowitz and Tom Sondag were named in the Top 50 Lawyers in Oregon, and Karen Williams was named as one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers in Oregon.
Three Lane Powell attorneys were included in the Rising Stars list, which honors attorneys who are 40 or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less. This honor is given to 2.5 percent of Oregon lawyers. The Lane Powell attorneys are:
- Peter Hawkes, Business Litigation
- Robert G. Koury, Real Estate
- Ben G. Lenhart, Mergers & Acquisitions
Law & Politics performs the polling, research and selection for the Super Lawyers & Rising Stars lists in a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers is a comprehensive and diverse guide to outstanding attorneys, representing a wide range of practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations.